Thursday, January 8, 2009

My trip to Kazakhstan

I got a call one day, someone looking for a body painting artist to paint on hands. Not knowing it would be halfway around the world. When they asked if I would come to paint in Kazakhstan, I hesitated to answer. I asked myself, where did I heard that name before. Kazakhstan. Then it hit me. From the movie Borat. I thought it was made country. So I googled Kazakhstan and much to my surprise it was a real country. So next thing I knew I was on my way! I was excited. I love flying to new places. Love to see how others live. The video below, is the finished product.

Everyone one there went out of theie way to make me feel at home. Want to thank everyone at DreamLab for using me for their project. They spoke mostly Russian over there. At one time Kazakhstan was part of Russia. I thought the food over there was great. Love it and the vodka was really smooth. Easy to drink. Yes we did do a shot or two!
We painted some samples before shooting the real thing. I'm use to painting whole bodies rather than just painting hands. It was a challenge for me to paint small animals on a small surface. It was the first time I painted anything like this. I'm a photographer by trade. I was happy they had their own photographer to shoot the stills. I'm use to painting my subjects and then shooting them myself. I do a lot of traveling on assignment with my photography. I'd have to say this was my best trip for 2008 by far. So thanks once again to everyone over there and for the awesome dinner we had on the last night there.

No comments:

Post a Comment